Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thoughts on wikis

I checked SJCPL subject guides. I liked their simple, clear instructions . The help sheets attached to databases are usefully placed and uncomplicated. Subject guides are informative, to-the-point and accessible. There are ideas I could use.
Library success: a best practices wiki - the coverage of topics is wide-ranging and relevant to current library trends and interests. I liked the tips page for getting started on the right foot.
LISWiki - I enjoyed reading a number of the blogs here. The ideas and technological applications from so many librarians interested me. I liked reading Info Junkie and the responses it attracted. I became aware of the value of blogging and wikis to a number of librarians. Wikis could be a good way of consolidating and reviewing ideas and procedures without lots of time consuming meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment